Orange Park, Florida (Oct. 14, 2019)—Women of Asphalt (WofA) has announced the appointment of 11 women to serve as its first Board of Directors. These accomplished women come from all facets of the asphalt industry and represent the wide range of positions and responsibilities women hold in the asphalt industry.
The first WofA Board of Directors are:
- Amy Miller, P.E.—President, National Director of the Asphalt Pavement Alliance
- Audrey Copeland, Ph.D., P.E. —Secretary, President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Asphalt Pavement Association
- Natasha Ozybko—Treasurer, Sales Manager for Arkema-Road Science
- Janelle Barrientos—Asphalt Distributions Manager for Flint Hills Resources LLC
- Sheila Barkevich—Senior Vice President for Callanan Industries Inc., a CRH Co.
- Ashley Batson, J.D.—Executive Director of the South Carolina Asphalt Pavement Association
- Debbie Novak—Sales Representative for Missouri Petroleum Products Co. LLC
- Kirsten Pauley, P.E. —Executive Director of the Asphalt Pavement Association of Indiana
- Judy Pellicano—Vice President at Assets at Colas USA
- Tracie Schlich—Director of Marketing and Membership for the Asphalt Institute
- Kari Shiflett—Director of Human Resources for Lakeside Industries Inc.
Founded in 2017, WofA, a 501(c)(6) organization, works to foster and promote mentoring and networking opportunities for women in all facets of the asphalt industry, to create professional development opportunities for women in asphalt through education and training, to advocate for women in the asphalt industry, and to encourage other women to join the asphalt industry.
In addition to traditional board of director duties, each board member is responsible for leading a national working group and furthering mission-focused initiatives. For more information, visit womenofasphalt.com.