WASHINGTON, D.C. – The United States Department of Labor will hold a teleconference meeting of the Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) Workgroups next Thursday, March 5, 2020.
The Education, Training and Outreach workgroup will meet from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST to discuss trench safety and fall prevention. The Emerging and Current Issues workgroup will meet from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST to discuss opioids and suicides in construction.
- WHAT: Teleconference Meeting of Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health Workgroups
- WHEN: Thursday, March 5, 2020
- Education, Training and Outreach workgroup: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST
- Emerging and Current Issues workgroup: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST
- WHERE: Teleconference Dial-in Number: 888-658-5408; Passcode: 7001480
Attendance will be by teleconference only. Comments and requests to speak must be submitted electronically at http://www.regulations.gov, the Federal eRulemaking Portal, by mail or facsimile. Requests and submissions are due by Feb. 28, 2020. Read the Federal Register notice for submission details and telecommunications requirements. The meeting is open to the public.
Established under the Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards Act and the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act of 1970, ACCSH advises the Secretary of Labor and Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health on construction standards and policy matters.