Plainville, Connecticut (November 23, 2018)—What began in 1919 as the New Britain House Wrecking Company has become a major construction conglomerate in the Northeast—Manafort Brothers Inc.—founded by James Manafort and managed by his four sons: Anthony, Frank, John and Paul.
The diverse contractor has established expertise in the concrete, civil and utility, demolition, abatement and remediation, highway and bridges nuclear decommissioning, rail and mass transit market sectors. Headquartered in Plainville, Connecticut, the fourth-generation, family-owned company has regional offices in Worcester, Massachusetts, and Cumberland, Rhode Island.
“As we celebrate our 100th anniversary, our family is honoring our past by forging a path for the future,” said Jim Manafort Jr., president of Manafort Brothers Inc. “David, Justin, Jason and I proudly carry on our great grandfather’s legacy, while evolving the firm as an integrated, dynamic construction and demolition contractor.”
In fact, the firm is in the process of expanding its Plainville headquarters to accommodate its continued growth. The building will be complete in spring of 2019. The official ribbon cutting ceremony is one of many special centennial celebrations that Manafort has planned throughout the year.
Manafort Brothers’ diverse background and experience has allowed it to develop creative, safe and effective solutions for difficult, one-of-a-kind challenges, such as:
- Assisting in the demolition and removal of the World Trade Center buildings.
- Decommissioning and demolishing the Connecticut and Maine Yankee Nuclear Power Plants.
- Supporting the rapid development and construction of two of the largest casino complexes in the world, Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun.
- Leading Connecticut's Accelerated Bridge Construction for the Connecticut Department of Transportation RT 8 Bridges Replacement Project in Bridgeport
- Leading the construction of the Wickford Junction Commuter Rail Station in North Kingston, Rhode Island
- Imploding the Madison Hotel, the first ever building demolished by this method in the Massachusetts city
“As the oldest demolition company in the Northeast, we have earned a reputation for our outstanding contracting abilities, service, and ability to get the job done safely and on time,” concluded Jim Manfort Jr. “We are steadfastly dedicated to applying our distinctive engineering knowledge and dynamic approach to a new generation of challenges in the construction and demolition contracting industry.”
For more information visit manafort.com.