McCONNELLSBURG, Pa. (October 13, 2017) — JLG Industries Inc. has been named Access Industry Employer of the Year by Access, Lift & Handlers magazine.
The Employer of the Year award was open to any company operating in the access equipment sector in North America, including rental companies, equipment dealers and manufacturers. Companies entering this award needed to demonstrate:
- Commitment to attracting and retaining its workforce
- A track record in retention of staff
- Effective training programs in place
- Clear career development opportunities
- Innovative approaches to recruitment
- An exceptional record on accidents and safety in the workforce
- A track record of developing its own executive talent
- Innovative approaches to rewarding and recognizing staff
“We are thrilled to receive this award,” said Frank Nerenhausen, Oshkosh Corporation executive vice president and president, JLG Industries. “We know how important our employees are to our success, so we make every effort to create an environment that attracts and retains the industry’s best talent by providing them with programs and opportunities that foster career growth, encourage wellness, and support safety. This award suggests we are succeeding in creating a ‘People First’ culture.”
A panel of five industry experts narrowed the field to three companies and selected JLG as the winner. In its entry form, JLG highlighted its “People First” culture; varied training opportunities, including its “Feed Forward” program, which encourages team members to implement their ideas to improve the work environment; “Flex Hours” program; wellness program; clear career development opportunities, including a number of company-paid certifications; and OSHA Voluntary Protection Program STAR Site certification at two of its manufacturing facilities.
For more information, visit JLG.