Chicago, Illinois (August 13, 2019)—The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) has announced the full program for their 10th World Congress, which will be held in Chicago, Illinois, from Monday, Oct. 28, to Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019.
- “Formgiving – Giving Form to the Future,” presented by Bjarke Ingels, founding partner, BIG, Bjarke Ingels Group
- “Tall Buildings of the Future as Seen from the Present,” presented by SawTeen See, president, See Robertson Structural Engineers
- “The Garden City in Three Dimensions,” presented by Moshe Safdie, founder, Safdie Architects
- “Future Cities: The Reality and The Virtual,” presented by Adrian Smith and Gordon Gill, partners, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
- “Reflections on Criteria for First Skyscrapers,” presented by Carol Willis, president, The Skyscraper Museum
- “Fire, Water, Cubes and Modernism: Creating a Futuristic Baku,” presented by Hi Sun Choi, senior principal, Thorton Tomasetti
In conjunction with the council’s 50th anniversary, congress speakers will focus on the most significant advancements in tall buildings and cities from the last 50 years, whileinquiring into the future of our cities 50 years from now (tying in with the overall theme, “50 Forward|50 Back: The Recent History and Essential Future of Sustainable Cities”).
The council will commemorate its milestone 50th anniversary with the Beaux-Arts Costume Ball. Attendees will arrive dressed in a costume inspired by elements from the city (e.g., their favorite tall building, an urban innovation of the past or technology of the future).
For more information, visit CTBUH2019.com.