London, England (Nov. 19, 2019)—Total announced global construction and real estate industry deals for Q3 2019 were worth $61.7 billion, according to GlobalData’s deals database. The value marked an increase of 92.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 33.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $46.68 billion. In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 10.7% over the last four-quarter average with 654 deals against the average of 591 deals. In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $25.26 billion.
The top five construction and real estate deals accounted for 29.8% of the overall value during Q3 2019.The combined value of the top five deals stood at $18.39 billion, against the overall value of $61.7 billion recorded for the month.
The top five construction and real estate industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- The Blackstone Group's $4.66 billion private equity deal with Dream Global Real Estate Investment Trust
- The $3.99 billion acquisition of Industrial Property Trust by Prologis
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets’ $3.91 billion acquisition of Currenta
- The $2.91 billion private equity deal with Lendlease International Towers Sydney Trust by GIC
- Vonovia's acquisition of Hembla for $2.91 billion
For more information, visit globaldata.com.