While the United States' largest contractor reported a strong $9.6 billion in new project awards and $38.3 billion in backlog, the numbers were also down from 2018, at 44.5% and 18% respectively.
Some of the highlights from the report include:
- Building two new liquified natural gas facilities in the U.S. for its customer Cheniere
- NASA announced its choice of Bechtel to design, construct and commission Mobile Launcher 2, which will be used to assemble and launch the next version of the Space Launch System rocket
- The company has partnered with General Motors to begin discussions around the construction of a national network of electric-vehicle charging stations
- The company announced a partnership with the U.S. government’s Millennium Challenge Corporation and the Côte d’Ivoire government to develop an infrastructure master plan to generate sustainable economic growth and stability
- Bechtel announced it has reduced project delivery costs by 20% and improved schedule performance by 30%