SAN RAFAEL, California (Nov. 17, 2020)—Autodesk Inc. announced a new set of products for Autodesk Construction Cloud that further connect data, workflows and teams throughout the entire building life cycle, from design to operations. Built on a unified platform and common data environment, the new products—Autodesk Build, Autodesk Quantify and Autodesk BIM Collaborate—empower general contractors, specialty trades, designers and owners to drive better business outcomes.
Construction teams will have a comprehensive construction management platform with all data in one central location to simplify collaboration, proactively anticipate project changes and provide data-driven guidance for organizational improvement.
"Almost a year ago we introduced Autodesk Construction Cloud, sharing our vision for the most powerful and complete portfolio of construction management products. The new products we announced today represent a huge milestone for connected construction, with Autodesk Build providing an entirely new approach to project management," said Jim Lynch, vice president and general manager of Autodesk Construction Solutions. "We're continuing to deliver on our promise of helping builders across the world catalyze their digital transformation and make construction more predictable, safe and sustainable."
The three new product offerings announced today include:
- Autodesk Build—Unites the best of PlanGrid and BIM 360 with additional new functionality to create a comprehensive field and project management solution. Autodesk Build also includes the PlanGrid Build mobile app with additional new capabilities for field workers.
- Autodesk Quantify—Empowers estimators to automate 2D and 3D quantification from a single comprehensive platform.
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate—Enables project teams to align and execute on design intent by managing the entire design collaboration and coordination workflow from a single solution to reduce rework, improve productivity and accelerate project delivery.
As part of the unified Autodesk Construction Cloud platform, every new product is reinforced by:
- Autodesk Docs—Underpins the common data environment for every unified product with centralized document management, providing users with seamless navigation and integrated workflows to create a single source of truth across the project life cycle.
- Insights—Delivers analytics from the data collected and analyzed, as well as the ability to export that data; encompasses Construction IQ artificial intelligence to identify and mitigate risk.
- Administration—Provides centralized user management and permissioning, templates and other tools for project setup, as well as a single authentication method for any unified product.
"The continuous and fluid flow of data is the backbone of our teams' success, with our healthcare projects in particular requiring tremendous scrutiny in inspections and documentation," said Amy Kozlowski, project manager at Herrero Builders. "Autodesk Construction Cloud delivers a unified platform where data and information are centralized. We can immediately get new design details into the hands of preconstruction and construction teams, proactively make adjustments in the field and better understand the health of our project portfolio. With Autodesk Build, we will be able to connect critical field and project management workflows, powering seamless collaboration across locations and devices. Just as importantly, the new products are intuitive and simple to use. Autodesk inherently understands the construction industry and provides technology that fuels success across the entire building life cycle."
"Construction is about building, not learning how to navigate complicated software," said Sameer Merchant, head of product development, Autodesk Construction Solutions. "Technology should be easy-to-use and effortless to scale—if a construction company grows, its software should grow with it. In developing our new offerings, we incorporated the best-in-class features of existing Autodesk construction products into a common web and mobile framework and integrated them with a shared data platform. As a result, the most loved capabilities will be immediately available within Autodesk Build, Autodesk Quantify and Autodesk BIM Collaborate."
Autodesk's new construction management products will connect construction teams, data and workflows across the headquarters, office and jobsite. They will be available in early 2021.