Well, it's almost here—the United States is one week out from Tax Day 2019. Whether you have already filed your company's taxes, you're in the process of completing them, or you'll be requesting an extension until October, it's important to stay up to date on all tax changes—especially as they relate to construction businesses.
To help you out, we rounded up a few articles you need to read to keep your company's taxes in check. Find a few helpful articles below.
1. The 20% Deduction Your Company Could Use in 2019
Learn more about the ongoing impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Click here to read the article.
2. How Taxes Could Have an Adverse Impact on Innovation
From Forbes: One study's findings on the effects greater taxation has on a population. Click here to read the article.
3. More Americans Say Their Tax Bill Will Go Up, Rather Than Go Down, New Poll Indicates
From Newsweek: Survey from NBC News and The Wall Street Journal finds taxes will either stay the same or increase. Click here to read the article.
4. The TCJA Legislation Driving IRS Code Reform in 2019
A look at current tax reform and the road ahead. Click here to read the article.
5. Still Haven't Filed Your Personal Taxes? Here's Some Last Minute Advice
From the New York Times: What you need to know before filing your 2019 tax return. Click here to read the article.
And here's one to grow on:
It's Time to Hold Tax-Cheats in Construction Accountable
OPINION: Why taking action against contractors who abuse the system is important. Click here to read the article.