NATIONAL – Craig Parker was sworn in as 2018 chairman of the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) at a ceremony during the association’s 63rd annual meeting. As chairman, Parker is responsible for guiding NAPA’s efforts to support the asphalt pavement industry. Parker is executive vice president of Silver Star Construction, in Moore, Oklahoma.
The company operates an asphalt plant and offers paving and related construction services in the Oklahoma City area. Other national officers serving with Parker for 2018 on the NAPA board of directors are as follows:
- First Vice Chairman—John Harper, president of Wiregrass Construction Co. Inc. in Dothan, Alabama
- Second Vice Chairman—Dr. James Winford Jr., president of Prairie Contractors Inc. in Opelousas, Louisiana
- Third Vice Chairman—James Mitchell, president of Superior Paving Corp. in Gainesville, Virginia
- Secretary—Brady Meldrem, president of Norris Asphalt Paving in Ottumwa, Iowa
- Treasurer—Timothy Lee, chief executive officer (CEO) of Lakeside Industries Inc. in Issaquah, Washington.
The NAPA Board of Directors is responsible for the governance and oversight of the operations of the National Asphalt Pavement Association. Visit http://pavement.org.