Raleigh, North Carolina (April 11, 2019)—FMI has released the “2019 M&A Trends for Engineering and Construction” report detailing key trends driving merger and acquisition (M&A) activity. This year’s study results indicate that M&A activity will remain strong but is likely to return to more regular levels in 2019 and beyond.
Key highlights of the report include:
- Nearly 60% of all respondents indicated that acquisitions were a part of their current strategy—down from 70% in the 2018 survey.
- Over 75% of all survey respondents believe that industry valuations have risen over the past 24 months, primarily due to the increased market activity and improved performance of target companies.
- 61% of survey respondents said that one of their competitors had been acquired in the past 3 years.
- 46% of respondents have contemplated acquiring a technological solution or commercializing an in-house technology solution.
· Private equity activity continues to be a key driver in overall M&A activity in the engineering and construction industry.
To access the full report, visit fminet.com/reports/fmi-2019-ma-trends/.