London, England (Nov. 4, 2019)—Global construction and real estate industry deals for September 2019 totaled $21.7 billion, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 5.7% over the previous month and a rise of 44.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $15.06 billion. In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 4.4% over the last 12-month average with 194 deals against the average of 203 deals. In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $9.63 billion.
The top five construction and real estate deals accounted for 60.5% of the overall value during September 2019. The combined value of the top five construction and real estate deals stood at $13.13 billion, against the overall value of $21.7 billion recorded for the month. The top five construction and real estate industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- The Blackstone Group's $4.66 billion private equity deal with Dream Global Real Estate Investment Trust
- The $2.91 billion acquisition of Hembla by Vonovia
- J2 Acquisition's $2.9 billion acquisition of APi Group
- The $1.36 billion asset transaction with Galliford Try by Bovis Homes
- Brookfield Business Partners’ private equity deal with Brand Industrial Services for $1.3 billion
For more information, visit globaldata.com.